Glad to see students being proactive and preparing towards P35 submission. While starting early would help to produce high quality deliverables, it’s worth taking in to considerations, which would help you in the planning process:
- The Information Pack and Resubmission Guide applicable for P35 & 36 are expected to be published in late June @ ACCA
- The new industry classification to choose the organisations for T8 & 15 are yet to be published
- T8 & 15 requires using the latest available financial statements for the analysis, where the “latest” is defined as the 90 days before the stat of the submission period of 1 Nov 2017, which would effectively mean to use the latest 3 financial statements published 3 Aug 2017.
- Potential modifications for T17 Corporate Governance and T20 CSR Topic titles, where details to be confirmed in the Information Pack by late June.
- Changes to the structure of SLS to decommission the existing 4 questions on the self-reflection. Details to be confirmed in the Information Pack.
What does it mean to you?
- Should you consider T8 / 15, need to await for the latest industry classification in order to decide on the organization to be chosen
- Though subject matter of T17 CG and T20 would be retained, it’s better to wait till the Information Pack is out to understand on the potential modifications to the topic title
- The above changes would not apply should you be doing a resubmission, with no changes to the organisation
What should I do while waiting for the latest Information Pack?
- You may still read through the existing Information Pack to understand the requirements of the Degree Program as most of the detail on it would still be applicable for P35.
- Refer to the examiners articles and the compilation of examiners comments to understand the expectations and requirements clearly, which would help much on the planning process